Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering
BoomerangFX is more than just a SaaS tech company – we are North America’s fastest-growing cloud-based enterprise software and digital marketing company serving the private pay aesthetic medical industry in segments such as dermatology, med spa, plastic surgery, women’s health, cosmetic vision, dental and hair restoration.
Our company is well-funded by international private equity. We have a market opportunity that is rare in its scale, recession resilient, and powered by a strong business model with an impressive leadership team of executives from Silicon Valley, digital marketing, fintech, and Fortune 100 technology firms. Trusted by a growing community of healthcare professionals across North America, our product is commercialized and delivers the only cloud-based SaaS solution for private healthcare practices that integrates practice management tools, electronic medical records, accounting, data analytics, digital advertising, and lead generation in a single user-friendly solution – this unique feature-rich practice management solution is supported by advanced Machine Learning and designed to help our clients succeed in the marketplace.
BoomerangFX is expanding rapidly across North America and international markets including Mexico, Australia, and the UK with industry-leading technology that is helping to modernize the inside of private healthcare practices. We are a company that thrives on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. When you join BFX, you will be collaborating with a diversified and talented group of individuals and dynamic leaders while sharing in attractive compensation, benefits, and stock option programs. We foster a culture of teamwork and continuous learning with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven digital technology leader who loves the challenge of turning complex engineering problems and constraints into elegant technical solutions that meet our customers’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making life easy for private health care practices to grow and manage their businesses.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible to lead the full suite of our end-to-end practice management platform. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Executive Officer, you will work closely with our highly experienced Development Team Leader and Director of Product Management to meet ongoing product development deadlines for the existing version of our software and help guide the design and development of our next generation version release delivering the industry’s first digitally assisted AI powered practice management solution with google/facebook marketing automation to be launched in 2023. We are looking for a strong technology leader who, in partnership with our product management function, can deliver seamless and intuitive digital solutions for our customers. You will lead a globally distributed engineering team to design, build, and operate modern and intuitive digital practice management and integrated marketing automation capabilities.
Scope of duties:
- Understanding of SDLC in an Agile development environment.
- Understanding of modern technologies including commerce, web, frontend, backend, big data, and cloud
- Understanding of API development and management tools
- Manage and negotiate scope with product partners, stakeholders, and development teams
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore partners, contractors, consultants, and outsourced vendor work
- Manage finances including capital and operational expenses
- Scale engineering teams, grow engineering teams by guiding and mentoring current leaders and inspiring them on the vision. Recruiting additional top talent
- Partner with our Product teams to develop the vision for BFX platforms
- Strong work ethic with the ability to understand and exhibit Agile principles and methodology
- Primary stakeholder and the evangelist for BFX engineering org & manage the sourcing relationship
Technical Competencies – Technology Design, Development and Delivery
- Lead the design, architecture, development, and deployment of digital products
- Adopting best practices in all aspects of design and development
- Ensure product releases are well planned and executed successfully
- Establish and monitor continuous deployment, including development and management of the pipeline
- Provide continuous integration, automated build, automated deployment, and environment management
- Implement robust monitoring, logging, performance, and security sound solutions
- Remove roadblocks to delivery execution with diplomacy and a sense of urgency
- Improves the quality of development in the organizations and promotes the best development practices, under the direction of management
- Implement metrics to measure and continuously improve velocity, productivity, and code quality
- Identify opportunities for change and develop plans for capitalizing on these opportunities
Organizational Effectiveness – People / Leadership Skills
- Director of Engineering – Acting as a strategic partner to BFX leadership team
- This person will be responsible for and will have broad responsibility over engineering, strategy, execution, team development as they relate to all BFX’ s products
- Must have experience leading large cross-cultural geo-distributed teams across multiple time zones if not managing cross geo- vendor/ partner relationships
- To help scale engineering org, products and more importantly the engineering culture as BFX grows.
- Need to be a strategic thinker, frame & find solutions to multifaceted engineering and people tasks, measure & drive results
- Able to move fast and maintain focus on the highest impact programs.
- Provide leadership by establishing the technology vision, goals, and objectives
- Manage globally distributed team of technical leads and software engineers
- Determine new, creative methods to employ and manage teams on projects and distribute responsibilities
- Create trust and credibility with stakeholders and customers and work with them to identify issues and opportunities
- Build transparency, accountability, and collaboration in the distributed team and stakeholders
- Responsible for department and individual performance assessments and improvement plans
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, assisting employees in developing individual career development and training plans
- Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the organization structure, roles, and responsibilities
What You Offer
- Engineering, Computer Science, or advanced degree related field
- 10+ years of progressively responsible of technology design, development, and delivery
- 10+ years of web .NET 6, .NET Core, frontend (React JS, Angular 8+), backend (Salesforce, SAP, Apttus), API development and management tools (Dell Boomi, Apigee), big data, and cloud (Azure) is strongly desired
- 10+ year experience in software development building large-scale SaaS, PaaS or IaaS products using public or private clouds.
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices/processes (e.g., Lean, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD etc.) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Experience leading geo-distributed scale engineering teams and experience building platforms or worked on a start-up environment.
- 8+ years of managing large global teams
- Experience in managing cutting-edge technologies as well as modernizing legacy technology
- Experience in delivering large complex applications
- Experience collaborating with multiple functional and technical teams including partners, stakeholders, contractors, and consultants to deliver projects
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and automation
- Ability to influence and lead large teams both in-office and virtually
- Financial acumen and experience in estimating and managing budgets
- Excellent presentation, persuasion, and communication skills with experience communicating with C-Suite executive and Board members
Most importantly, you share our values…
- You roll up your sleeves
- You are agile
- You are resilient
- You never stop learning
- You want to be part of a global success story
- Bonus Pay
- Commission Pay
- Dental and Health Insurance
- Extended Life Insurance
- Company events (Free lunches, social hours, and team events)