Sr. Manager of Technology
Sr. Manager of Technology
BoomerangFX is more than just a SaaS tech company – we are North America’s fastest growing cloud-based enterprise software and digital marketing company in the private healthcare industry including segments such as dermatology, cosmetic dental, vision, medspa, hair restoration and women’s health practices.
Our company is well-funded by international private equity. We have a market opportunity that is rare in its scale and powered by a strong business model, coupled with an impressive leadership team consisting of executives from Silicon Valley, Digital Marketing, Fintech and leading SaaS technology start-ups. Trusted by a growing community of leading physician owners, our product is commercialized and delivers the only cloud-based SaaS enterprise solution with feature-rich practice management dashboards, AI and integrated digital marketing tools to help our clients succeed in the marketplace.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven digital technology leader who loves the challenge of turning complex engineering problems and constraints into elegant technical solutions that meet our customers’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making life easy for private health care practices to grow and manage their businesses.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Technology to lead the full suite of our end-to-end practice management platform. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Executive Officer, you will work closely with our highly experienced Development Teams Leader and Product Management Teams to meet ongoing product development deadlines for the existing version of our software and help guide the design and development of our next generation version release delivering the industry’s first digitally assisted AI powered practice management solution to be launched in 2023. We are looking for a strong technology leader who, in partnership with our product management function, can deliver seamless and intuitive digital solutions for our customers. You will lead a globally distributed engineering team to design, build, and operate modern and intuitive digital practice management and integrated marketing automation capabilities.
What You Offer
· 5+ years of progressively responsible of technology design, development, and delivery
· 5+ years of web .NET 6, .NET Core, frontend (React JS, Angular 8+), backend (Salesforce, SAP, Apttus), API development and management tools (Dell Boomi, Apigee), big data, and cloud (Azure) is strongly desired
· 5+ years of managing large global teams
· Experience in managing cutting-edge technologies as well as modernizing legacy technology
· Experience in delivering large complex applications
· Experience collaborating with multiple functional and technical teams including partners, stakeholders, contractors, and consultants to deliver projects
· Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems
· Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and automation
· Ability to influence peers and leadership
· Financial acumen and experience in estimating and managing budgets
· Good presentation, persuasion, and communication skills
What You Will Be Doing
· Understanding of SDLC in an Agile development environment.
· Understanding of modern technologies including commerce, web, frontend, backend, big data, and cloud
· Understanding of API development and management tools
· Manage and negotiate scope with product partners, stakeholders, and development teams
· Ability to work with onshore and offshore partners, contractors, consultants, and outsourced vendor work
· Manage finances including capital and operational expenses
Technical Competencies – Technology Design, Development and Delivery
· Lead the design, architecture, development, and deployment of digital products
· Adopting best practices in all aspects of design and development
· Ensure product releases are well planned and executed successfully
· Establish and monitor continuous deployment, including development and management of the pipeline
· Provide continuous integration, automated build, automated deployment, and environment management
· Implement robust monitoring, logging, performance, and security sound solutions
· Remove roadblocks to delivery execution with diplomacy and a sense of urgency
· Improves the quality of development in the organizations and promotes the best development practices, under the direction of management
· Implement metrics to measure and continuously improve velocity, productivity, and code quality
· Identify opportunities for change and develop plans for capitalizing on these opportunities
Organizational Effectiveness – People / Leadership Skills
· Provide leadership by establishing the technology vision, goals, and objectives
· Manage globally distributed team of technical leads and software engineers
· Determine new, creative methods to employ and manage teams on projects and distribute responsibilities
· Create trust and credibility with stakeholders and customers and work with them to identify issues and opportunities
· Build transparency, accountability, and collaboration in the distributed team and stakeholders
· Responsible for department and individual performance assessments and improvement plans
· Responsible for coaching, counseling, assisting employees in developing individual career development and training plans
· Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the organization structure, roles, and responsibilities
Compensation: Total OTE up to $140k with entitlement to stock option plan after eligibility period is completed. Bonus and Vacation pay.