BoomerangFX is more than just a SaaS tech company – we are North America’s fastest growing cloud-based enterprise software and digital marketing company serving the private pay aesthetic medical healthcare industry in segments such as dermatology, medspa, plastic surgery, women’s health, cosmetic vision, dental and hair restoration.
Our company is well-funded by international private equity. We have a market opportunity that is rare in its scale, recession resilient and powered by a strong business model with an impressive leadership team of executives from Silicon Valley, digital marketing, fintech and Fortune 100 technology firms. Trusted by a growing community of healthcare professionals across North America, our product is commercialized and delivers the only cloud-based SaaS solution for private healthcare practices that integrates practice management tools, electronic medical records, accounting, data analytics, digital advertising and lead generation in a single user-friendly solution – this unique feature-rich practice management solution is supported by Artificial Intelligence and designed to help our clients succeed in the marketplace.
BoomerangFX is expanding rapidly across North America and international markets including Mexico, Australia and the UK with industry leading technology that is helping to modernize the inside of private health care practices. We are a company that thrives on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. We have a passion for inspiring the next female entrepreneurs who are fuelling the fastest growing sector in private-pay healthcare. When you join BFX, you will be collaborating with a diversified and talent group of individuals and dynamic leaders while sharing in attractive compensation, benefits, and stock option programs. We foster a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and celebrate a variety of social activities including weekly social hours, company paid lunches, live entertainment, offsites, motivational podcast speakers inhouse and ongoing training and development events.
Your Role in a Nutshell
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations and working closely with a group of diverse senior leaders, you will provide hands on leadership and guidance pertaining to all financial operations and activities. You will manage operational financial reporting, financial budgeting and planning processes in all key business functions and play a leading role in ensuring the company meets it’s short- and long-term targets. The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the financial operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank and credit card reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and payroll and benefits administration. The Finance Controller will report to the Director of Operations and Finance and will work closely with the CEO to ensure the financial stability and growth of the company.
Scope of Duties
- Handle all aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliations
- Manage departmental finances and prepare financial packages
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration
- Lead & manage year-end internal and/or external audits and be the main point of contact
- Lead annual budget process, strategic planning, forecasting, as well as other duties and projects as required. Assist in the preparation of ad hoc financial analysis.
- Manage and comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead the corporate financial reporting process, including preparation of consolidated financial statements, managing the internal support for external auditors & preparing monthly management reports to the board and other stakeholders
- Analyze trends, results, and forecast to actual variances and communicate insights to leadership, including identifying risks and opportunities.
- Proactively provide timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate, financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Prepare monthly management reports to be reviewed by executive team.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations and Finance during the monthly close process to ensure accuracy of financials and integration of data.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and laws
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support the growth of the business and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
What You Offer
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting.
- CMA or CPA is a bonus
- 4+ years’ experience as a senior accountant, financial controller, FP&A or similar roles (strategic finance, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting, corporate development).
- Strong financial modeling skills and experience
- Experience in SaaS or a high-growth tech company is preferred.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal business partners and department leads.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively handle deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is not fazed by ambiguity; possesses a “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
Most importantly, you share our values…
- You roll up your sleeves
- You are agile
- You are resilient
- You never stop learning
- You want to be part of a global success story
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Bonus Pay
- Company events (Social hours, free lunch, team events)
- On-site parking
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent