Director, Human Resources & Talent Management
Director, Human Resources & Talent Management
BoomerangFX is more than just a SaaS tech company – we are North America’s fastest growing cloud-based enterprise software and digital marketing company on a mission to transform the cosmetic, aesthetic and elective procedure industry.
Our company is well-funded by international private equity. We have a market opportunity that is rare in its scale and powered by a strong business model coupled with an impressive leadership team consisting of executives from Silicon Valley, Digital Marketing, Fintech and leading SaaS technology start-ups. Trusted by a growing community of leading physician owners, our product is commercialized and delivers the only cloud-based SaaS enterprise solution with feature rich practice management dashboards, AI and integrated digital marketing tools to help our clients succeed in the marketplace.
BoomerangFX is more than just a SaaS tech company – we are North America’s fastest growing cloud-based enterprise software and digital marketing company serving the private pay aesthetic medical healthcare industry in segments such as dermatology, medspa, plastic surgery, women’s health, cosmetic vision, dental and hair restoration.
Our company is well-funded by international private equity. We have a market opportunity that is rare in its scale, recession resilient and powered by a strong business model with an impressive leadership team of executives from Silicon Valley, digital marketing, fintech and Fortune 100 technology firms. Trusted by a growing community of healthcare professionals across North America, our product is commercialized and delivers the only cloud-based SaaS solution for private healthcare practices that integrates practice management tools, electronic medical records, accounting, data analytics, digital advertising and lead generation in a single user-friendly solution – this unique feature-rich practice management solution is supported by Artificial Intelligence and designed to help our clients succeed in the marketplace.
BoomerangFX is expanding rapidly across North America and international markets including Mexico, Australia and the UK with industry leading technology that is helping to modernize the inside of private health care practices. We are a company that thrives on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. We have a passion for inspiring the next female entrepreneurs who are fuelling the fastest growing sector in private-pay healthcare. When you join BFX, you will be collaborating with a diversified and talent group of individuals and dynamic leaders while sharing in attractive compensation, benefits, and stock option programs. We foster a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and celebrate a variety of social activities including weekly social hours, company paid lunches, live entertainment, offsites, motivational podcast speakers inhouse and ongoing training and development events.
Your Role in a Nutshell
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with a group of diverse senior leaders, you will provide executive-level leadership, strategy and guidance pertaining to all human resources operations and activities. A self-driven leader, with a high degree of empathy, curiosity, compassion and strategic acumen, the Director of HR will be responsible for supporting the company’s ambitious growth needs evaluating and championing all people, culture, talent and organizational strategies to build a scalable foundation to support North American and International growth.
Scope of Duties
- Assess and advise senior executives on organizational design, provide independent objective guidance on optimal organizational structure
- Diagnose and re-engineer existing Human Resources processes, manage, develop and support a small team of human resource professionals and recruiters
- Lead recruitment strategy and talent attraction efforts
- Build relevant policies, procedures and organizational governance frameworks to support the growth objectives of the company
- Act as tactical advisor to senior leadership team to help solve business problems with consideration for near term and longer-term people and talent retention strategies.
- Provides consultative guidance to leaders, hiring managers, and the team on the talent acquisition process, market conditions and acquisition best practices to meet our highly aggressive talent acquisition requirements.
- Spearhead impactful talent management initiatives and training programs
- Evaluate the needs of the Human Resources function including all aspects of compensation, benefits, reporting and international requirements.
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process in partnership with senior leaders in finance, operations and technology to ensure the company’s talent needs are well defined and executed effectively.
- Source strategic partnerships with universities, colleges to position our company as the employer of choice pertaining to internships and co-op placement opportunities
- Champion our brand identity at external forums that showcase the company’s culture, future prospects and values
- Oversee exit interview processes, terminations and monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations in various jurisdictions
- Partner with senior leadership team to support our international expansion efforts including recruitment, talent management, performance management and third-party relationships.
- Institute effective performance evaluation scorecard to support a pay-for-performance culture
- Lead annual salary and incentive compensation planning process, including conducting market studies and benchmarking to support salary bands, merit increases, and equity-based compensation. Support the design of sales commissions programs.
- Evaluate, build and communicate employee policies including maternity leave, employee experience (onboarding and offboarding), engagement, diversity, inclusion and pay-for-performance management.
- Advise senior leaders and managers on our people and culture strategy and champion cross-functional efforts to maintain a highly engaging, collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Lead and source professional development programs for emerging leaders to equip them to grow executive skillsets and assume broader leadership roles.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Completed (or working toward) CHRL designation is an asset.
- Experienced HR leader with a broad understanding of all technical and functional components of Human Resources function
- Minimum of 3- 5 years North American experience, ideally in high growth Startup or division of a larger organization experiencing rapid acceleration
- Experience in leading human resources initiatives to support business transformation
- Hands-on work ethic, with a “roll-up the sleeve’s” attitude with a passion for managing the details within a growing business
- Experience supporting operational initiatives with relevant personnel strategies
- Energetic and enthusiastic style with professional credibility and leadership presence
- A humble, approachable demeanour that builds trusts across all levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
Most importantly, you share our values…
- You roll up your sleeves
- You are agile
- You are resilient
- You never stop learning
- You want to be part of a global success story